Thursday, January 5, 2012

On A Crafting Roll

I am still on holidays and have immensely enjoyed completely relaxing this holiday. I have done a bit of sewing but no craft other than sewing.
Last night I stayed up and completed my 'neutral bag' with some hand stitching. If you know me, you know my aversion to both hemming and hand sewing so this is a big deal. I really love the finished product and I'm itching to move on with my next project. I altered the pattern as the original was enormous! I also added an interior pocket. When making this bag, I was reminded of a favourite peeve.. Patterns are not inexpensive and I think you are expecting a quality product when you part with your cash. Fortunately I am an experienced sewer so can use my imitative but any beginner would not have a chance of pulling off a quality product using the pattern that I used. They never include finishing off such as overstitching, pressing or even simple edge finishing. Don't even get me started on the way they somehow haphazardly mix in metric and imperial measurements. Agh!!
Never mind, here is what you're waiting for. Ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment