Thursday, February 18, 2010

Psst... I'm Not Really Making Pasta.


I'm really excited tonight because, after a lot of procrastination, I have finally bough a pasta machine for making some polymer clay goodies. I have been snooping around, dreaming of finding a great machine at the 'dump shop' or charity store, but as you can imagine, they don't come up terribly often. So, in a spot of impulse shopping I snapped one up this evening at my local House store. I love that store, if I worked in there I would never leave!
The lady who works there was very excited to be selling me a pasta machine, because as it turns out, she is a mad keen pasta maker herself. I tried telling her that I really didn't need all the extra things she was trying to sell me as I have no intention of making any food with this baby. No, she was so absorbed in her pasta party stories that she could not hear a word I was saying so I ended up indulging her and enquiring about the best source of 000 flour. Oh well, at least she loves her job.
I am really looking forward to getting stuck into some polymer clay projects, I am going to have to look up some bookmarked tutorials now. Although, I must say, the friendly saleslady may have inspired me and I may have to roll out a batch of edible stuff before I begin crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment