Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Knit, Purl, Knit, Purl

I have been busily knitting away. Yes, that's right - knitting! Although I have never knitted anything in my life except misshapen scarves many years ago, I have tackled the task of knitting a coat for my dog, Charlie. I find it so difficult to resist anything to do with my little white furball and I came across and entire book of knitted dog coat patterns.

The coat consists of the back, which is the main part, the strap and the collar and edging. I am very proud to say that although I only began work on Saturday night, I have finished the back and about one third of the strap. I have really surprised myself with this progress because I always believed I couldn't knit. Here is what I'm working on (this is the photo from the book - this little one looks nothing like Clarlie).
One thing though -I'm worried because I have almost convinced myself that it really would be okay for a dog and her owner to wear matching knitted jumpers. Hmm


No comments:

Post a Comment