Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Steampunk Brooch


Steampunk Brooch
Originally uploaded by Cheeky Mango
For the next two and a half months, I'm going to be working part time only, which is something I'm really looking forward to. I have done thig by taking some long service leave and taking every Thursday off. This, in conjunction with all the public holidays, is making for a lovely, relaxing few months. I am determined to done lots of things on these days off - definately no television or work!

On the crafting front, I am STILL knitting the baby set. I have done the bonnet, booties and now just have to finish off the jacket and I'll be done. It all looks very pretty so far. I have also been doing plenty of ATC'ing and recently baked the most amazing chocolate tart ever. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo. Never mind, I'll just have to bake another!

I made this brooch from the internal workings of two discarded alarm clocks. I mostly used the cog shaped washers and hands, and layered them on larger flat itms. Lastly I attached a brooch clip on the back. I am rather pleased with the outcome, but photographed them on a bright pink background, so converted the image to black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment