Monday, December 21, 2009

Crazy Busy Christmas Gifting


Christmas Cupcake Tray
Originally uploaded by Cheeky Mango
Every year it is the same, I seem to set the bar too high when it comes to Christmas giving. So, each year I'm up to around 2am making things - anybody would think I really enjoy doing all this! Yes, of course I do, otherwise I wouldn't do it.

Each Christmas I make some goodies to give to friends, neighbours and other important people, like my hairdresser. Last year I made sweet gingerbread people, and this year I decided to go with the decorated cupcake, since I am into rolled out fondant decorations and edible glitter. I made lots of different little decorations to go on top of the vanilla cupcake with buttercream frosting. Unfortunately, the thing about having a Summer Christmas is that it is really hard to keep things in tact so I had to quickly load them into the car, turn up the air conditioner to hyperdrive and whizz over to the hair salon as fast as I could get there! They were much appreciated and I must say they did look good.

Also, notice the swish, better than usual photo? Well, it has been taken on my NEW CAMERA! Yep, I have been mulling over this for a while and had come to the reasisation, that it was time to invest in a new camera. It was a bit sad, but of course still very exciting. I loved my old Konika Minolta - we've had some fun together, and so I hope shall I have with my new Nikon D5000 (along with her twin lenses no doubt)! I am very pleased with it and have been doing an online course and even reading the manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment