Monday, December 20, 2010

Back From Japan

I have been home for a few days from a few weeks in Japan. Wow, this was an amazing holiday and I enjoyed the country even more than I expected. The people were very friendly and helpful, the scenery was stunning, the environment - even is the huge city of Tokyo - was clean and rubbish free. Probably one of the nicest things was the feeling of safety, it was wonderful to never feel in danger or have any pickpocketing etc.

We spent time in Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto. All cities were wonderful, yet different. We also took a day trip to Hakone to view Mt Fuji, which was probably one of the trip's highlights. We did everything from shopping, visiting museums, riding the rail system to singing Karaoke!

I have come home with lots of crafting ideas, mostly based around bag making. While over there I was lucky enough to visit some wonderful craft stores, selling some wonderful things that we just don't get here in Australia.





When planning the visit, I found the internet such useful resource, as you cam imagine. I printed out directions to our hotel from the railway, Google map directions for all accommodation from the nearest station (very useful this one!), and some really useful information on finding craft shops etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment